Skip to main content

Dear, Home Depot worker man

Okay, I'm a mom of two and I raise my kids the best I can. I make choices that some others may not, and I keep my opinions of how others raise their kids to myself.

Home Depot man, this is for you.

I see those signs. I know what they say and even why you have them. I wouldn't want anyone to get hurt, ever. Especially my own kids.

I enjoy home depot on occasion, depending on what we are going for. I think it's great that they have racecar carts and my kids really like them. On occasion we are buying wood and need a big barred cart to haul the wood around the store, you know the ones, right?


I am a capable person. I know how to watch my kids, while some others in your store may not, although I do wonder if when we walk in the doors someone pushes a button that makes that recording about watching your kids come over the loud speaker...anyhoo.
I read the words on your big rolly carts for wood and big items and I know that they say, DO NOT RIDE. But I am a mom, as I have already mentioned who knows how to raise my kids. I wouldn't allow them to sit on the bars and do tricks while the cart was rolling. And I wouldn't let them hang over the side while wheels roll over their fingers. I know that my son took about 85 different bolts out of boxes and I just put them on the top shelf for someone else to put away, but woudn't you rather they end up in the right box?


So here's the thing. When you see me, looking tired and not caring that I have read the words and still allow my kids to ride on the big cart on our way out the door.

Please good sir, don't ask if we can have the kids get off the cart so no one gets hurt.

I am their mother, and I will take the blame if something horrible like falling and crying happens. We will not sue your establishment if my child bumps his or her head on the huge bars that they are sitting under, for, as I have already mentioned, I read the signs and I made my choice. I don't like living by yours.

Comments

Heidi said…
Ha! This is great!!

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...