Skip to main content

thinking

so, i'm thinking and i'm letting it all out, well, not ALL, but i'm letting my brain drain right here.

i worry too much, anyone with me on this?
when i became a mother it all started to wash over me. the thoughts of death i had never had before and thoughts of my kids not liking me. my parents are getting older and i hate the thought of being too far from them. i'm living a life here, but not really LIVING, you know.

i hope this isn't IT, but i'm afraid it is. we're waiting for the next best thing and when you wait too long you start to feel like ANYTHING would be next best, and that's not always true...

grace is becoming a young girl and i like it and don't all at once. she changes me and the dynamic we have. noah is ALL BOY as they say and i have no idea how to handle him, so i worry he'll turn out "bad"

i can say that my relationship with eric probably couldn't be better than it is. we are on the same page with life issues and where we are, maybe not where we want to go, but we'll cross that bridge when we get there.

every day is the same and yet everything in life changes constantly, i'm afraid i'll wake from this stupor in a few years and not really know where i am or who my family is. friends? what friends? friends here or there, friends who i confide in or friends that i chat with?

i think lucy's depressed, and when a dog's depressed it depresses me, seriously they're like, the happiest creatures on earth!!

i haven't gotten into this groove like i think a lot of people i know have and it's almost comforting to know that i am not afraid to get up and go, or change on a whim. i'm not quite "stuck" yet, but it's coming, it has been coming for years now and i don't like it. we could find something else and move to someplace else and start the whole thing over again, or stay here and FORCE this thing on ourselves...

i like my life and i love my family. but which is more, like or love. will i stay to make the like love, or will i go to make the loves stronger?

Comments

SH said…
You read my mind this morning. Please get out of my head now :)

Seriously, though - parenting is hard. And I'm worried we're doing it all wrong.

And then I look in his face and think "Yeah right - like I'm in control."

Have faith, friend.

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...