Skip to main content

Revolutionary Road

What was I thinking? Leonardo, Kate. Titanic was a hit right?

So I rented this movie, Revolutionary Road. We hadn't rented in a very long time and I thought, hey it's cheaper than going to see a movie, getting babysitters are expensive these days.
Well, I knew it would be rough but I got it anyway.
Eric was not happy.
At one point he asked if he could have my headphones to listen to his laptop instead of the movie.
I'll just say this. If you're at a point in your marriage were you could go one of two directions, one good, one bad, don't rent this flick!
It's real, it's hard to watch.
Luckily for Eric and I, we aren't at that place, we never have been and I hope we won't ever get there.
Now, it's 4am and I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my little boy thinking, I really shouldn't have watched that movie because I could have gone to bed earlier in preperation for this night.
If you have seen it, or you do let me know what you think.

Comments

Heidi said…
I was going to see it, but as of now, it's crossed off my list. Thanks for saving me the $3.
P.S. Love the family photo!!!
Susan Berlien said…
I have not seen the movie, but read the book. I'm curious to see it, but now maybe I'll rent in when (Nate) my hubby is out of town. I can see what you mean (just from reading the book) It was a bit of a downer.
Susan Berlien said…
I did rent the movie tonight. Your post made me curious. It was very similiar to the book. I just don't get kate's character. I don't know, I guess I can't identify with her. If anything in my husband and my relationship the personalities are reversed. I agree with that friend of theirs that said - why is everything going to be better in Paris anyway. It's not that much different than here....
Sometimes I talk to people who think moving away is going to change things. If you are not happy here...why are you going to be happy in Europe or California etc....I just don't get that ideology. ---anyway, just wanted to let you know your post got me thinking -and renting :)

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...