Skip to main content

Firsts



Today was Grace's first day of Kindergarten.



Today was Noah's first day of not having to fight with his big sister for mommy's attention.


Today was the first day I thought about how different our life is going to be from now on.



I hadn't given myself time to think about it before today and that may have been a mistcek, or possibly divine intervention. I think God wanted my last weekend of summer to be great, and it was. Time with family and friends. Good food and relaxing beach time. Time...time period. I feel as though after this last weekend our time may have started to go in fast forward. There are so many things to do and so many things to think about. Grace has school EVERY day, this hasn't been the case for the last two years. It's a good and bad thingin my eyes. Grace needs activity and although I have tried for the last 5 years to entertain her to the best of my ability, I'm tired and Noah requires even MORE attention than she does, so, I feel as though Kindergarten for Grace will be a good thing. I do worry about her education down the line and hope that she doesn't fall behind because she is young, but for right now, my 4 year old is in Kindergarten and loving it. The time however does not allow our family to do what we have been allowing ourselves to do for the past 5 years. Vacations will no longer start on thursdays and last till tuesday. We can't just pull Grace out of school for a few days to go visit our families anymore. Attendance counts now...yikes


I'm prepared to be a school aged child's mom and I hope that Grace atarts to become interested in things that will last her whole life, soccer, swimming, singing, theater... I want her to find friends that she can be her funny, loving, playful self with.

Grace's teacher asked on her "meet the teacher" day what my wish was for Grace and I got a little choked up when giving my answer.

I want for my children to be who they are in their hearts. I want them to feel loved by their teachers and friends and I never want them to come to me and tell me that they don't "fit in".


I can't wait to find out who my little girl is, what my little girl will be. When will I stop calling her little? I don't think I ever can, no matter how "big" she may be, she'll always be my little girl.






Comments

Heidi said…
A big day! I'm all choked up now, too.
By the way, LOVE her haircut!

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...