Skip to main content

Hello there!!

What a long time it's been, I'm not even sure what my last post was about!
It's hot here in Indiana on this 4th of July. We have been living here for 15 months and still have not sold our home in MI. It's a sore subject for our family because we really would like to have a nice cozy place of our own. We have to keep telling ourselves and believing that Gods plan for our future is so much cooler than ours we can't even fathom it yet. I'll keep you posted on that topic.
The kids are growing like weeds and I have gained at least 15 pounds since moving, blah. We love our church. Worship has never been so moving and emotional for me in my life, honestly, no lie. We are adjusting to living amidst the farmlands, but have an appreciation for it that only grows with every season.
We are continuing to make friends here as we did in our previous area and hope that the bridges we are building here are as sturdy as the ones we still cross with our Saginaw friends.
How strange it is growing older. I think every day about my life and where I'm at, where I've been. Where WE have been. Eric and I are working on 10 years of marriage and it's been somewhat of what I think of as a "normal" ride. I hate to say that because I don't think Eric and I are "normal". When I think of the family, friends and acquaintances that surround us, I have to give us credit for the unique life we lead. At times I even wish we were more normal. Wish Eric had a 9-5 job and that I actually desired to stay home all the time for my family. I keep thinking that I want the best for my kids. I want them to be well rounded and happy. Never losing their innocence and finding their faith and walking the path God has laid out for them.
I hope that I can blog more. I hope that I find the creative side of me that I feel has been hidden under all of the life stuff that is so necessary. I miss you all!!

Comments

SH said…
Yea!!!! Love you. Blog more.

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...