Skip to main content

Sleigh Bells Ring

So, Christmas is on it's way.
We are living in a little apartment and the tree or no tree issue has once again found its way to our doorstep.
To tree or not to tree, that is the question.
I love Christmas trees. I love finding a Cristmas tree. I love the idea of making a tradition out of it. and I LOVE leaving the lights on Christmas eve night/Christmas morning knowing that my little
elves will be curious enough to sneak out to the living room and poke around at the boxes Saint Nick has left for them. Eyes bright and Christmas PJ's lit by the glow of the white lights on the tree. Yes white lights people! it's the only way!!! (sigh)

So, in a few days we will or will not find a tree suitable for our living quarters. We will or will not argue about which lights to put on this year. We will or will not go back to facebook pics to find out which set we put on last year. and we will or will not figure out a magical solution to pine needles stuck in the baseboards for years to come. One this I do know is that we WILL have little elves who sneak out of their bunkbed to poke around at presents Saint Nick brings them this Christmas Season. And we will celebrate the one true reason for our holiday, Jesus in the manger reminding us of our past present and future here and eternally.



P.S. Looks like we'll be having a white "lights" christmas this year :)

                                        
2011 tree and one excited elf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...