Skip to main content

Feels like home...almost

I was thinking that it would be nice to sleep in my own bed and to have Grace in a separate room when we returned home after our long week-end, and I do...kind of.
I know that after I have been away from Saginaw for an extended period of time I kind of like to come home, but for some reason, this time, it doesn't feel so much like home.
I was genuinely having a really good time with my family.
I miss home
I miss the lake
I miss my Mom and Dad
And I really miss my sister.
I know I've been talking about it a lot lately, but this is a turning point in our lives and I think it's for the best.
I can really be her friend now. Not just talk on the phone and say things will get better, or that I miss her so much. I can see her and hang out.
It has been so long.
God had a plan, not just for Scott's Ministry, which is going to do awesome in AA, but for my family and our relationship.
Eric may hate me for being gone so much, but I can't stop myself.
A girl just wants to have fun.

Comments

SH said…
I'm jealous. Not only an awesome relationship with your sister, but you know better than to take it for granted. What a gift.

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...