Skip to main content

It's 7:51 pm and I'm in my PJ's

So I may have had a kidney stone. . . and maybe I didn't. The doctor wasn't too concerned so that means neither am I, right?


It hurt, like you know what.

I went to the hospital in good ol Muskegon and got an IV (2nd time in my life) and was hooked to a fetal monitor and also blood work and urine and I even threw up.

I didn't throw up when I went through labor with Grace.

So as you may guess, it was pretty bad.

My mom was threre the whole time and Eric was stuck in Saginaw waiting for my sister to call with the newest bits of info. (No cell phones in the Hospital)


I went home a bit apprehensive not wanting to leave with the pain, but there wasn't much they could do unless I went into labor, which of course, I didn't. Baby's still here, kicking me.

They gave me Moriphene in the hospital which I was assured was okay for the little one, and if I could have I would have taken a bottle home with me.

That stuff's gooooooood.

Well, I was fine until thursday of last week when the pain came back.

I fought though it and was fine the next day.


All I have to say is that if it was a kidney stone, I would rather have a baby, but don't tell Eric that. At least there's something to look forward to when you're pregnant.


Okay,


now a picture of Grace.

If you were ever unsure of her being mine this face might help.


Comments

Heidi said…
Kara, that sounds miserable! Hang in there...we can't wait to meet Grace's little bro!
SH said…
oh dude... that sucks. That's one thing you didn't need to have in common with eric! :)
Laura said…
Kara--I just found your blog and was reading through some of your posts. Congrats on the new baby! He's precious!

I also just had to share that I had kidney stones with both my pregnancies too. 6 with Jenna and 8 with Abby. I even had to had the kidney stone blasting surgery to get rid of them. Anyway . . . I completely agree--childbirth is way easier than kidney stones.

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...