Skip to main content

What ever happened to The Polka-Dot-Door?


















To all of you who were raised on TV shows like Mr. Rogers, CareBears, or even My Little Pony







BEWARE

I think it must have happened by mistake, but I wasn't paying attention to what Grace was watching and it all fell apart.


Grace was watching Dora or Diego or something innocent like that and I must have been doing laundry, or dishes or something unnecessary like that.

Well, in the afternoon, if your child is watching Nickelodeon and those "innocent" shows are over, you need to take heed.
Turn the channel and never go back.
Big kids get home from school and like to watch things like Avatar, The power of Juju, El Tigre, Scooby Doo (which Grace loves as well)









But worst of all,

SpongeBob
SquarePants






What happened to all the good shows?
Where has quality Television gone?
I could have PBS on all day. but not even I would do that to my child.

At any rate,

My sweet, precious, little girl is in love with Spongebob Squarepants
Although Eric and I can sit and laugh at the way over her head humor that no 2,3, or even 4 year old would pick up on, she is drawn to something unknown, almost mysterious.

I give in just about every time and let her watch, but I wanted to be sure that all of you still unknowing parents of small children don't let your kids be sucked into the little sponge that
Lives in a pineapple under the sea.
Absorbant and yellow and porous is he
His nautical nonsense be somethin you wish
Then drop on the deck and flop like a fish!

Yes,
It is nonsense, but she loves it.
And on occasion there is a story behind all the strange stuff that goes on.

Watch your kids like hawks and beware of the little yellow sponge

Comments

SH said…
I think you've just describe the plight of parenting. Can you BELIEVE that my parents both rolled their eyes every time the polka dot door came on? There must have been some sort of educational value because they allowed me to watch it, but I distinctly remember watching it alone.
Heidi said…
The Polka Dot Door? Were you and Sara the only one's to ever watch it? No wonder you have such a bond.

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...