Skip to main content

feeling....

So, I've been reading this woman's blog. You may have heard of her MckMama. Thank you Laura. I really love reading it and best of all, she has AMAZING pictures. She is a photographer by trade I believe. She's christian, she has 4 children with trendy clothing, eats healthy. I started reading about her little boy Stellan who was born with heart problems. He wasn't supposed to live to his birth, but he did, he goes to the doctor all of the time and wears a heart monitor at night, takes medication everyday ALL day and is now 6 months old...still alive. I'm praying for him and his family.
All that said,
how can I feel inadequate to this woman who has had so many trials and been tested beyond anything I can imagine? I don't know how to be like her. I also don't know how to not WANT to be like her. Is she my idol? Why? Do you have moments like this? What to do? What to do? I'll keep reading striving not to be like her, but to be my best me. The best mom, best wife...you know, that stuff.

if you're interested here is a link to her blog.
http://www.mycharmingkids.net/

Comments

Laura said…
I sometimes struggle with the same thing you do . . . wanting to be like other moms who dress their kids in cool clothes, eat really healthy food, and never let their kids watch TV. But if I've learned one thing in parenting, it's that I have to do what's right for me.

I wouldn't have the first idea where to look for ground flaxseed to put into my kids' pancakes and I allow my kids to watch tv. I also rarely make it to the GAP, but am a frequent shopper of the kids section at Target. That's who I am and it seems to be working.

Am I jealous of her awesome pictures though? YES!
Kara said…
Thanks Laura. I am in awe of how often she CAN blog and also how long her blogs are. Where does she find time? But I really do like reading them. It's nice to hear good news about Stellan. And yes, I can't get over her pictures.
SH said…
Laura - I've had flax seed in my fridge for three months. Never in my food. Oh if only "it's the thought that counts" worked for parenting (and cooking), eh?

I like your attitude, Kara.

Isn't McMama the "Not me Monday" lady? Have you thought of doing that? I have. Fun writing assignment, no?

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...