Skip to main content

The Curse of the Belly

Now, you may be thinking that I'm talking about my belly.


You're wrong.
My daughter is cursed with being a belly sleeper.
(Sorry Sara)

She's sick with snot running and coughing and all of that.
Last night I gave her medicine and she went to sleep okay without too much coughing.
It was a fiasco however to get her to stay on the freaking pillow.
She didn't want to have anything to do with it.
She wanted to sleep on her belly and let all the snot get stuck and force herself to cough here and there for the first hour.

All is fine after that. . .
You would think.
The medicine wore off around 3:00 AM
Eric goes downstairs
prop her up
cough, cough
it's okay to go back to bed. . .
no
10 minutes later
Kara gets up in a huff
walk downstairs
on belly
flip
give medicine
wait ten minutes just in case
no coughing
walk upstairs, lay down, cover up, close eyes
cough, cough
uurrrggggg
Eric: "Are you okay?
Kara: "Yes, but Grace isn't going to be"
walk downstairs
on belly
flip
wait
wait
wait

I must mention that everytime I went down I peed because I am nearly 40 weeks pregnant.

Lay down in guest bed
wait
wait
it's okay to go upstairs now
walk upstairs, lay down, cover up, close eyes
5:22 Bark, bark
Wake Eric
Kara: "Eric, Lucy's barking"
Bark bark
Eric get's up
Lets out dog
Upstairs

Sleep

Now however the dog has a urinary tract infection





Can I laugh now?

Comments

SH said…
I feel her pain! (And yours after reading this post) I seriously can't imagine falling asleep on what will soon feel like a bowling ball in my belly, but I'll bet you I can figure out a way to do it!
Heidi said…
Sara makes a good point. Better break the habit now!!

Popular posts from this blog

Here it is, the long awaited video from the arrival of our new "BIG" bed. I noticed that I'm breathing pretty hard in the video, it's because I was fighting a cold, not because I have that hard of a time walking up the stairs. Although Eric and Ben show signs of fatigue too, but they actually did the work... so here you go, I hope it makes you laugh a little.

If it's broke, fix it

Noah fractured his arm. Yes you're right, I felt horrible. At first I didn't know what to do. I ran with my crying baby up the stairs to the kitchen and called my husband. He didn't really know what to do either. I called the pediatrician. Appointment for the afternoon was made and Noah gradually got back into the swing of things, not using his arm like normal, but playing and pulling hair and eating like normal with his other arm. By the time we got to the pediatricians office I thought for sure she would say that it was probably just sprained and that he should take it easy. She told me she thought x rays would be a good idea and to go right away and they would call from the imaging office to let the pediatrician know what they saw. I called around for the cheapest x rays and went where it was 10 dollars cheaper per x ray, all the while thinking I didn't want to pay money for it to be nothing. Noah was doing well for having fell, not eaten very much and not having tak...

Revolutionary Road

What was I thinking? Leonardo, Kate. Titanic was a hit right? So I rented this movie, Revolutionary Road. We hadn't rented in a very long time and I thought, hey it's cheaper than going to see a movie, getting babysitters are expensive these days. Well, I knew it would be rough but I got it anyway. Eric was not happy. At one point he asked if he could have my headphones to listen to his laptop instead of the movie. I'll just say this. If you're at a point in your marriage were you could go one of two directions, one good, one bad, don't rent this flick! It's real, it's hard to watch. Luckily for Eric and I, we aren't at that place, we never have been and I hope we won't ever get there. Now, it's 4am and I'm sitting at the kitchen table with my little boy thinking, I really shouldn't have watched that movie because I could have gone to bed earlier in preperation for this night. If you have seen it, or you do let me know what you think.