Skip to main content

My Girls




I would like to introduce you to the Barlow Girls.


These girls are amazing and I have grown to love them. I only wish that this awesome christian music was available when I was young and impressionable. Maybe I wouldn't have been jaded by Alanis and Fiona ( but who doesn't enjoy a little scream fest now and again? GIRLS RULE!)


The music that comes forth from these three is something I could only wish to be able to produce.


If you would today, or someday when you have time go to their website here and take a look around. Read the About section and find some insipring news about the songs on their new album Love & War.
They started out gearing their music towards younger audiences, but have found that mothers, fathers and the like are relating to their meaningful words. I hope that you will take some time and look. You can listen to their entire album on the love & war music player. Here are my favs:




Beautiful Ending


Our Worlds Collide


Love is Marching


Time for You to Go


Tears Fall (read the background of this song)


Hello Sunshine




Have fun and let me know what you think.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...