Skip to main content

Weekend update mid-week

Okay, I'll catch you up.
We had fun, until the end there we had a blast.
Alone time at the cabin in Big Rapids was what we needed.
Eric and I sat, read from our Love & Respect book, talked about it.
We played 20 questions and I found out Eric is not very good at it (hee hee)
After about an hour we were asking ourselves what we should do. We searched for cards, board games, anything. I guess they weren't joking when they said peaceful, quiet surroundings. The silence was deafening. I'm not sure I've been someplace that quiet, ever!
We had family fun with the Steinkes on Sunday afternoon, I even tubed off the back of the boat.
Monday on this Labor Day 2009 we had pancakes thanks to the Muskegon Lions club. "Grandpa's a lion?" Well...yes actually he is a lion and a great one at that. Lots of candy from very nice older men who didn't know that one of the other older gentlemen had already come by our part of the plastic covered picnic table...twice. It's always nice to have a little sweet ammunition in the purse for a later date.
All in all it was s good time for everyone. I can't say I'm going to be itching to get back to family fun anytime soon but we will be back sometime, I'm sure sooner than later.
Now it's school time, and 4 yr immunization time, and daddy's really busy time, and I go back to work time. Pray for us please.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Funny

I couldn't resist posting this picture of Grace. A little mommy already. Yes those are pumps she's wearing. You know I always do the dishes in heels...Like mother like daughter;)

I forgot to take off my slippers today

It's one of those days today. I forgot to take off my slippers this morning so I'm in that, you know, still sleeping not motivated, and definately not ready for the day. I've cried today for us. I thought for a moment that it was for me, but I really don't think so. I am sad for us. I know the kids don't care. They have faith like children, no pun intended. I'm sad for people who get shot in front of schools for being "over the top" and I'm sad for people who think it's okay that these people die. I'm sad for people who argue about who's right and who's wrong. Who's left and who's right. I'm not out of the loop I know because I have opinions, but am I sad because I'm not one to shout them from the rooftops? I'm sad that Grace isn't running into my arms when she comes home and telling me all about her day, although I know that's just not her style, mine either. I'm sad that I don't know how to make...

Mckmama?

Update: If you came to read about hating Mckmama I will just send you here to tell you how I feel Let's be HONEST! _______________________________________ Okay, so I found out that when searching google for mckmama or mckmama haters you find my blog. What the? I just thought I would mention that my intention is not to hate on or even really to have that much of an opinion on the issue. I thought it important to say that I'm not a mckmama basher and that I actually really like reading her blog and reading on the blogfrog as well. I think maybe people could be swayed in one direction when searching something and not really knowing the whole story or reading further into the writers posts.There was one post that aired my feelings of being upset by something that I read on mckmamas blog, but as a woman and a mother I can say that my emotions can get the best of me at times and that I have turned a corner and know that I'm not alone in my decision...